Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Maile's 4th Birthday Party

Maile turned 4 years old the day we came from Hawaii. Thankfully, after a red eye flight, my mom took care of the simple details and made a cake. We brought her home a Rapunzel Barbie as a gift and we had some family over that evening. This was totally good enough for me as far as celebrating her birthday.

BUT of course Maile has been talking about the butterfly party she's going to have with all her friends for months now. So the next week we had another party. This time I actually had to do stuff. Granted it was mostly last minute and I had no idea what I was doing and was extremely nervous cause parties just aren't my thing. I called my sister Becca and got some ideas and quickly threw something together that included butterlies and friends. Munro was such a great helper and actually cut peanut butter and jelly sandwiches into butterfly shapes. What a great daddy!

We did some minimal decorating with a few ballons and streamers.

For our first activity, I had the girls color butterfly pictures with markers and glitter. They loved it. In fact they spent most of their time doing that and didn't want to stop.

Then the kids ate their butterfly sandwiches and fruit with fruit dip.

Then we opened presents

And next we frosted and decorated cookies. The kids loved that and enjoyed eating globs of frosting. We topped Maile's cookie with a #4 candle and sang happy birthday.



Overall it went pretty well. Thanks to Munro and Becca's help, I pulled it off. But I think I'm going to wait 4 more years to do another big birthday party. :)

6 comments:

Beccarigg said...

The party looks adorable! I LOVE the butterfly shaped sandwiches! That is such a cute idea! Maile looks like she loved it too. Great job Rae!

M. Fritze said...

wow, that was too cute! who doesn't love butterflies? girl parties seem to look a lot more mellow than any BOY parties that i remember! i will keep dreamin.

Tara said...

cute party! she looks so much like you, Rachel!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

My kids are watching Barbie Rapunzel right now. I love the butterfly theme. My kids are always talking about what theme they want for their birthday parties. Yeah, I don't really do parties either though, so that may cause a problem.
I would really like to sample some of your chocolate!

Duris-Denver said...

Rachel, Congrats on the next baby! We didn't know. Keep us all posted...

Ariel, JoLynn, Kylie and Austin

Allison said...

that looks like a great party Rae...what do you mean your not good at that stuff. I can't believe she's four already!