Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hawaiian Vacation

Munro and I recently returned from a wonderful 3rd honeymoon in Hawaii. My mom and sister Sarah were kind enough to watch our kidlets while we traveled. While we missed them everyday, it was great to reconnect again, especially in the place where we first fell in love....Ahhhhhh....sigh.

We've done all the touristy stuff so many times so we mostly skipped that, (Although I couldn't resist a trip to the swap meet.) This vacation was relaxation time with some work with our chocolate business and supporting our amazing team on the Big Island. Munro was also a judge in the BYU-Hawaii business plan competition which he won in 2003. It was fun for him to be on the other side of the table and to serve as a mentor to some awesome entrepreneurial business students.

It was overcast and rainy for most of our stay. But we did have 1 sunny day which we spent on the beach. I dug a hole in the sand then laid on my stomach with my tummy fitting nicely in the sandy cavern. Lying on your stomach can be such a wonderful feeling, especially when you aren't able to do it anymore. Almost as great as floating on my back in one of the Ko Olina lagoons. There were no waves at all...so still and calm. I just floated for a while and watched the clouds glide by....Absolute Heaven!

We spent the majority of our free time looking at homes in the Ewa, Kapolei and Makakilo areas. We really want to move back to Hawaii. There are some beautiful homes...just very pricey. Hopefully if our Xocai business keeps growing as it is, we can justify the extra expense and enjoy paradise year round. I didn't take many pictures of us. But here are a couple. Aloha!




3 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Awww! I love that outfit! Don't you think maternity clothes just keep getting cuter and cuter? you look so great Rae! I'm glad you guys had a relaxing time.

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! You guys are so lucky to have such great family to help with the kids. :) BTW you look so cute prego and we are so excited for you guys. Glad you guys had so much fun and are back safe and sound. <3 Linda - winegarfamily.com and pet project visitingteaching.net

The Breakwell Family said...

I'm glad that you had such a nice time!...not like I thought you wouldn't though...you were in Hawaii of course! It will be fun to hear all about it when Natalie and I come see you next! :) Hope you are doing well