Monday, March 16, 2009

The ever observant Mason!


Conversation I had with Mason today. We had just had our car washed and his Grandpa Murdock's carwash:

Mason: Did Papa G build this car wash?
Mom: Yep
Mason: All by himself!
Mom: No, he probably paid someone to build it.
Mason: Cause Papa G has lots of dollars.
Mom: Yep
Mason: So does that mean Papa G is a Gold Executive?
Mom: No, Papa G doesn't do Xocai.
Mason: You mean he doesn't have a Xocai business!
Mom: Nope
Mason Why?
Mom: Because he chooses not to.
Mason: So even though he KNOWS about Xocai he doesn't have a Xocai business?
Mom: Nope
Mason: Oh.

Then, Munro was home for a lunch break but getting ready to go back to work. The kids were at the table eating lunch and Munro was kissing me goodbye.

Mason: Dad, how come you don't kiss us like how you kiss mom?
Dad: (Pause...) Because mommies and daddies have a different relationship then Daddies and kids.

Good answer!

5 comments:

Naomi Hanks said...

Ha Ha! Man I miss that kid!

The Burnah Clan said...

that is too funny. I love kid comments.

Pae and Guy said...

growin' up fast that one!

Beccarigg said...

LOL! What a funny kid! I'm glad you write that stuff down so you can remember it. Those lines are little treasures. p.s. you look cute in that pic!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Happy Birthday Rachel. I was just looking on your facebook page and saw the link to your blog. So yall are thinking of moving back to Hawaii!? That is awesome! I would sooooo love to do that, too! It sounds like the chocolate business is going great; sounds like some good stuff! And congrats on number 3. I love her name! When are you due? I'm due in like 4 weeks with a boy. Your other 2 are so cute! Great "seeing" you!