Friday, April 24, 2009

I need to complain

I'm grateful for the 4 weeks I felt great during this pregnancy. Luckily during that time we got to go to Hawaii. So awesome!

Anyway, the first 20 weeks of pregnancy were full of nausea, vomiting, and severe headaches. Then I had the 4 week break....and now I'm in the preterm labor phase. I was on bedrest for 2 weeks because the contractions were softening my cervix starting around 23 weeks. Then I was put on medication to help control that, so I'm up but have constant contractions whenever I walk, climb stairs bend over etc. Kind of hard to avoid that kind of movement when you have 2 busy kids and a house to take care of.

Then there's the insomnia I get from the contractions keeping me awake. 2 nights ago I went to the ER because I felt like my ribs were broken and whenever I laid down the pain became unbearable. They did an EKG, x-ray, blood work and a CT scan on my chest. Everything looked fine, so they doped me up on morphine and sent me home.

I went and saw my regular doctor who quickly diagnosed me as having a hiatal hernia. I guess the baby pushed my stomach through my diaphragm and into my esophagus. Yeah, weird huh. Hurts like crazy! So last night I spent crying uncontrollably because of the morphine hangover headache I got and the severe pain that shot through my ribs everytime I tried to lay down.
We're going to borrow a recliner from my in-laws so I can hopefully get some desperately needed sleep.

So there, I got it out....complain complain complain. BUT, I am so grateful that I'm pregnant and will be having a sweet little girl in 2 months or so. It's hard going through this but I know it will be so worth it. Unfortunately, Munro has banned me from EVER getting pregnant again! Oh, on a positive note, I DON'T have gestational diabetes. I had it with my last 2 pregnancies and was on insulin. But I've been taking my Xocai healthy chocolate consistently now for a year and it has done wonders at controlling my blood sugar. I was quite shocked but happy when the test came back negative. Yay for miracles! Of course the Lord doesn't want to spoil me by making things too easy, so I guess I'll just have to endure till the end for now.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

oh man rachel! i hope you can hang in there a little longer. what a tough pregnancy. i'll be praying for you!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

My goodness Rachel!!!! You poor girl! That is crazy all of what is going on with your body! What a sacrifice. But when you see your little girl, it will all be so worth it! Hang in there!

Beccarigg said...

Haha! That's funny that Ro banned you from getting pregnant again! Guess that means he's in for a little surgery in the near future...

Sorry you feel so suck-tacular! It WILL be worth it though when she's here. Hang in there!

Jen said...

Oh Rachel, hang in there! Pregnancy is so hard sometimes. Its a good thing its worth it in the end. Hernia's are no fun! If it makes you feel better I have one this pregnancy as well! Ugh:( They are painful! Well enjoy the recliner and I hope these next couple months goes by fast for you!

Tara said...

Complain away! That is awful! You're right, someday this will all be ancient history and you will have a beautiful daughter for the rest of eternity. Hope the recliner helps!

M. Fritze said...

Great, now I can't complain because yours sounds WAY better than my sad stories! Seriously, hang in there girl! You are tough as nails and you are more than half way there... she will be beautiful and we cannot wait to meet her. See you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I'm so sorry you feel so bad. I wish I could help.
I love you.
Love,
Grandma Pratt

Pae and Guy said...

Again I have to express my thanks to God for blessing me with a Y chromosome!

Get well sis, love ya!

Becca! That's not nice!!!