Monday, April 27, 2009

Health update

I just got out of the hospital after 3 days there. The so called hiatal hernia turned out to be a bowel obstruction. I've had one before and had to have 6 inches of my intestine removed, so we were worried I'd need surgery again. This isn't fun when you're 7 months pregnant. I can attest to that as I had my appendix removed when I was pregnant with Mason. Anyway, just want to thank everyone for their prayers...it worked. I didn't need surgery and they were able to get things moving again. The pain is better but my ribs are still pretty sore from all the pressure that was on them. Glad to be home with Ro and the kids, glad to be eating solid food again, glad to not be tethered to an IV pole etc. Lots of things to be grateful for. Malia stayed active through the whole ordeal. They expected her to fall asleep with all the morphine and demerol they were giving me. But she just got more active, which was encouraging to me. Anyway, that's the health update for me. More coming soon regarding our living arrangements. :)

4 comments:

The Breakwell Family said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are home again and are doing better! I was praying for you yesterday and today. Try to take it easy and take care of yourself. Keep hanging in there!

Tara said...

Wow, I'm glad you didn't have to have surgery! You really don't have very fun pregnancies do you? I'm so sorry! Glad you are home though and your positive attitude/gratitude is such a good example.

Allison said...

I'm so glad you are out of the hospital and feeling better. Being 7 months pregnant is enough...let alone what you just went through! Wow. Can't wait to see you soon!

Jen said...

I am happy to hear they figured it out! I am sorry you have had to go through all of this I hope things get better for you!