Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sharing a room with your brother is SO not cool!

We moved into my parent's basement just before Malia was born to reduce monthly expenses and get out of debt faster. It was a drastic down sizing for us going from a 5bd 4ba house to 1 bd 1 ba. The kids shared the bedroom while Me, Munro and the baby shared the "family room." After a few months of non stop fighting between Mason and Maile I'd had enough. They were having a very difficult time getting use to sharing a room and it wasn't getting any better. So I reorganized the unfinished storage room pushing all the food storage to the back. Then we finished 1/2 of the storage room and made a very small room for Maile. Here it is...the solution to peace and harmony in our family!



The other day Mason was watching his favorite Pokemon cartoon. He was sitting in the chair by the t.v. Everytime Malia would start to cry, he would jump out of the chair and put the binky back in her mouth, then return to his chair. After this happened a few times, he finally just laid down next to her so he could more easily pop the binky back in her mouth. It was so sweet because I never even asked him to do it. He just thought to help her out on his own!

This was too cute, I just had to get a picture of it. This is Mason playing his Nintendo D.S. while his little friend Aria watches.



Mason and Aria on their first day of school!
This is Mason's first year in public school and he just started 1st grade. So he goes full day!

Malia is addicted to her binky. This is what happens if you take it away...

...and then when you give it back. BTW, she's wearing a FIB. This is a new costume Bib that my friend and I are building a business around. My friend Kristen is doing the Bib designs and I'm working on the business side and website. More to come...



4 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Mason is such a little sweetheart! I can't get over him helping Malia out with her binky. Man that just melts my heart!

Watch out for the binky addiction! you might end up like me with a 3 year old who is hooked! Luckily we broke her of it but it was not easy! Malia sure is a cutie pie. Love those sweet little kids of yours.

Pae and Guy said...

In a trailer we lived in on Alligator Alley in Florida back when I was in elementary school, I lived in a bathroom!

Put a piece of plywood over the bathtub for a bed. The thing had sliding wooden doors too! Pretty awesome!

Rachel Murdock said...

That's really sad Chris :(

Brooke said...

I loved looking at the pictures Rachel - very cute kids!