Wednesday, December 24, 2008

First Ultrasound


I just had my first ultrasound and was so happy to see that there IS actually something, or someone in there. I am 11 weeks along (found out I was a little further along than I thought) and am starting to feel good! I'm still pretty tired, but at least the nausea is mostly gone. The interesting thing is that with my first 2 pregnancies, I thought I was going to die, I felt so terrible. But since then, I've gone through Chemo. I don't know if its just by comparison that this time around doesn't seem so bad cause nothing feels quite as awful as the affects of chemo. Or maybe I'm just not as sick as I normally get. Either way, I'm glad it was brief and not too bad.

I'm so excited and anxious to have another baby. It's just amazing to me that even at only 11 weeks of development, this little fig size person can move around so much. It has been so much fun with this pregnancy because both of my kids are old enough to know what's going on. They ask so many questions about the baby (which has been interesting at times and I've had to make a few trips to the library to help explain things). They always remember the baby in their prayers. Its fun every week to find an object that represents how the big the baby is now. We have a little bag we keep the objects in so we can compare every week how much bigger it has grown. Oh what fun!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Yae! How fun I hope I find out I am further along! Congrats your baby is beautiful!!

Tara said...

That's cool, Rachel. I'm glad you're not feeling bad, you're probably right about it not being so bad compared to chemo. And that is really cute that your kids can understand and they're all excited!

Allison said...

That first Ultrasound was my most favorite, because like you, I was SO incredibly worried that nothing would be in there! I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to find out what it's going to be....any ideas??

Manda said...

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better! I'm so sorry I missed your message about the room, I was in Seattle and neglected my phone in lieu of the vacation. Please don't hesitate to check with me in the future! It's so exciting you will be bringing another super cute baby into the world Rachel!

Jessa said...

Hey there, I finally had a chance to sit down and get on your blog! Cute family picutes, hope your pregnancy is going well!