Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rae's Word-About Me


This is my personal blog site. It is about my life, the things I'm involved in, interests, activities and my business. My family is my number 1 business, but this is not their site. I will certainly feature them here, but it is not OUR blog, it's mine. I must say, there are very few things that are just mine and it's easy for moms to define themselves through their kids and husbands. But I've been searching for what's in me and what I'm all about. This is where I'll explore that. So here we go...

I'm a 31 year old woman who still considers herself a girl. Can girls be 31? Lucky for me I don't look my age. This used to really bother me when I was 13 and was offered the kids menu, or when I was 16 and boys thought I was 12. My husband almost didn't ask me out because he thought I was only 18. (I was 24) But now I'm really starting to appreciate my youthful appearance.

I'm married to Munro Murdock. He's the most wonderful husband a girl could ever possibly have. You know how women get together and complain about this and that and all the annoying things their husbands do? I just can't relate. Munro is not a perfect person, but he is darn near a perfect husband! I can't complain, only rejoice!

I have 2 beautiful children who I absolutely adore. They are my reason for waking up in the morning (mommy I want breakfast) and going to sleep at night. (of course because I'm exhausted!)

I definitely want more children, but because of a bout with cancer 2 years ago, my plans have been disrupted. I'm so baby hungry, but when the time is right, it will happen.

Despite my initial shy and quiet exterior, I'm quite a different person once you get to know me. I've been told that I have a dry sense of humor and a quick wit. I have to cool it on the sarcasm though because I heard it's the language of the devil.

I love to create things. (like my 2 kids). I used to be into poetry and composing music. But now I really like video editing and writing rap lyrics.

I'm a healthy chocolate fanatic but only because it helped me rehab my sugar addiction and gave me tons of energy, which I've never had in my life.

I'm a good business partner with a lot of common sense to bring to the table. I have a positive outlook on life and get fulfillment from making a difference in the world and in people's lives. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I don't have horns, sister wives or a little house on the prairie dress.
-Rae

4 comments:

Wendy Lane Bailey said...

Hi Rachel:

The blog is beautiful. I love to see the pictures of you and the kids. It's also a great way I can keep up with what you guys are doing.

XO
Wendybird
(www.twowellread.blogspot.com)

Mucci Ohana said...

love you sis...
Cool blog

Naomi Hanks said...

Ha Ha! You said you don't have a little house on the prarie dress and then right after that you have pictures of Mason and Maile in old fashion attire! Cute!

Rachel Murdock said...

Yeah, but I don't dress like that! hahaha!