Saturday, February 14, 2009

Real Men do the Haka

Munro and I dated and were engaged for a total of 4 months in Hawaii before we flew home during Christmas break to meet each other's families and get married. It was pretty crazy meeting your new family just before joining them. But I totally lucked out in the awesome in-law department. I really didn't know any of them very well, but one of my fondest memories of my new brothers (keep in mind Munro has 7 brothers) was when they all ripped off their shirts and performed the Haka at our reception. They had a crash course lesson from my little brother Jacob before they performed. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw this haole rendition but I felt loved and accepted into my new family. How lucky am I to have 2 Amazing families!

1 comments:

Naomi Hanks said...

Yeah...those were the good ol' days!